• In the Basque Country there are hundreds of water mills.
  • The first mention of the mill dates back to the 15th century. In the documents found it is noted that the mill had three wheels from the very beginning.
  • The dam, the canal, the channel and the water tank are essential.
  • The wheels of the mill were originally made of wood. In 1890 they were replaced by iron wheels.
  • In 1970, a furnace which was electric was purchased from the company “Arcauz”, and this was the last refurbishment carried out at the mill.
  • The drawers next to the oven were for depositing the fermentable dough.
  • They worked from this sourdough; that is, the piece of dough that they kept was used to mix with the next new dough.